Tuesday, December 25, 2007

It's Christmas!

How can you not be happy on this day?  Obviously, you get presents, but even better, you get to watch your friends and family get all psyched when you give them cool stuff! 
BETTER YET,  your brother and sister in law give you and your wife these sweet headlamps and use them to light paint a photo of your tree.  With a little rearranging of the ornaments on the tree, I made sure to represent all three members of our family, one of our colleges (we don't have a CU ornament yet), our engagement date, and just other wintery/x-mas stuff.  Click on the image below to see it larger.  For more on light painting, go to the master's site...Dave Black

Before the jump to the pic...

Top 10 funniest/coolest things I remember from X-mas:
10: My expression of sadness when I was 7 or 8, after my Dad (who was video-taping my brother and I without a microphone on the camera), told us that Santa didn't come.  We had yet to go downstairs and my expression on the video goes from pure joy to complete shock. It's priceless.
9: Snooping around the house just about every year with my brother Chris finding our presents.  Dad thought he was all sneaky hiding presents under the bench cabinet in his study.
8: My parents forgetting to eat the cookies and milk that Chris and I left out on a table for Santa one year.  We have my reaction on videotape.
7: Dad giving Mom a bowling ball and shoes.  You know she got that baby engraved with her initials!
6: Calling my good friend Sarah Burgamy who lived up the block to ask her what she got.  Then calling Dave Watts to ask him the same question.
5: " It's so comfy!  It's so padded mom!" - My brother after he got a new hockey helmet for x-mas.  I repeated these exact words approximately 1 second after my brother said them in hope I'd be as cool as him.  Still hasn't happened.  Chris is 10 times cooler than me.
4:Dad giving Mom tap shoes and lessons.
3: Unwrapping Rhino.  We have my freakout reaction on videotape.
2: Watching Kristin get a little overwhelmed when my family bombarded her with presents 6 days before we got engaged.  Knowing that I was going to propose less than a week later, my entire family loaded it on her during our first x-mas together and she just sat there overwhelmed.  It was hilarious.
1: The feeling I get when I wake up on Christmas Day.  Who doesn't love that?
-TSB2

Our lightpainted tree this year...

No comments: