Sunday, January 27, 2008

I've Rediscovered the Mountains in the Winter

So, I wrapped up a week in Aspen at the X Games and I must say, I can't wait to shoot it again next year.  I probably wouldn't have said that two days into the event, but once I learned how to get around the mountain efficiently, I was a much happier camper.  Dozens of rides on snowmobiles and snow cats and bringing snacks up on the mountain with me made all the difference in the world.  Plus, being able to take chances to make unique and different photos paid off and I feel like I was able to shoot photos that went beyond the obvious.
Also, I've included a few pics from my feature project with the magnetic poetry.  I really think it was a success and I hope you get a good laugh out of them.
Enjoy the pics.  Off to watch the Superbowl!!!
-TSB2

This might be my favorite pic from last week...

On top of the world...

While I will try snowboarding, I don't think I'll be racing like this any time soon...

See what I'm talking about?  These people are wired a little differently.


Snowboarders are bringing back the 80's...
Ahhh, those silly snowboarders...

Handlebars and jawbones don't mix...


No, I didn't just turn the camera upside-down...he's actually flipping a 600lb snowmobile.


"Be quiet, I'm about to go skiing with a bunch of nutcases."

I know I posted an image like this in my last post, but this is what I've been looking to get all week...all of these guys in a group, flying together.  I love the color that their bibs add...



No comments: