Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"That's a three hour shoe"

Once I got home for a little while I shot some baseball and in the midst of it, I learned what a 'three hour shoe' was.  For the Rockies magazine this coming month, they're doing a feature on Samantha Castilla, the wife of former Blake Street Bomber, Vinny Castilla.  
About a year ago, she opened a shoe store in Cherry Creek that sells some wonderfully beautiful shoes from top notch designers.  My assignment was to shoot a portrait of her with Vinny as well as a nice portrait of her.
Both she and Vinny were so easy to work with and extremely nice.  If you're in the neighborhood, drop by and see her little nook on St. Paul.  The shoes are truly works of art.
I mentioned to her that, to this day, I can't understand how women wear shoes with such high heels.  Her response?  "Well, that shoe you're holding there is a three hour shoe."
Ahhh, the female logic...  Fellas, I tried.  We'll never get to the bottom of a women's obsession with shoes, but when I saw these, it did allow me to understand a little more since they're gorgeous.  Additionally, it's a warm shop with some stylish accessories other than shoes.
It was a great shoot since it was something different than the norm and the I was really happy with the photos.
Next up, the Division II National Championships Festival in Houston, TX.
Enjoy the pics...
-TSB2

As you can see, she didn't exactly make life tough for me since she's a very elegant lady...
And good ol' Vinny.  One of the nicest athletes Denver has seen...

No comments: